Win a VIP Raptors Experience
Leon's is giving YOU a chance to win a VIP Raptors experience like no other with
Leon's Courtside Giveaway! We will invite one LUCKY grand prize winner plus one friend
to a Toronto Raptors game at Scotiabank Arena and receive:
- Pre-game VIP experience that includes sitting courtside to watch player warmups at Scotiabank Arena
- Two tickets to the game - valued at over $300
- Two Raptors swag bag - valued up to $300
- Food and Beverage voucher - valued $100
- Leon's Gift Card - $500
- PLUS an experience of a lifetime you can forever brag about to your friends
Enter now to be considered for one of three grand prize drawings!
How to enter:
- Visit your local Leon’s store and locate the VIP Raptors display
- Pose on our red sofa and snap a picture
- Upload your picture on Instagram or Twitter using #LEONSCOURTSIDE
- Follow @leonsfurniture on Instagram and/or Twitter
- That’s it – you’re entered!
Contest rules and regulations
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (the “Contest Rules”).
1) The #LeonsCourtside Contest begins on Monday, January 20, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, April 5, 2020 at 11:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There will be three (3) chances to win throughout the contest period.
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have reached the age of eighteen (18) at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Leon’s Furniture Limited (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Have either a valid Instagram account (an “Instagram Account”) or have a valid Twitter account (a “Twitter Account”, and either an Instagram Account or a Twitter Account shall hereinafter be referred to as an “Account”). If you wish to create an Instagram Account, visit www.instagram.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Instagram Account. If you wish to create a Twitter Account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Twitter Account;
b. Become a follower (a “Follower”) of the official @leonsfurniture channel on either Instagram or Twitter (the “Channel”);
c. During the Contest Period, using your Account, share an image on Instagram or Tweet to the Channel which contains all of the following elements (together, an “Entry”):
i. includes a photo of you sitting on the Courtside Giveaway Pop-Up inside an Ontario Leon’s Furniture store location, which features a Red Astin Sofa, hardwood flooring and a Toronto Raptors background (the “Contest Photo”) and which complies with the Photo Entry Specifications (as defined below); and
ii. includes the following hashtag: #LEONSCOURTSIDE (the “Hashtag”).
d. Comply with Instagram Terms of Service and Rules available at www.instagram.com and/or Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com; and
e. If using Twitter to enter, conform to Twitter’s (280) character limitation, including the Hashtag.
4) Your Contest Photo must comply with the following specifications (the “Photo Entry Specifications”):
a. be your original creation, and be a photograph taken solely by you. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
b. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Contest Photo must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For greater certainty, your Contest Photo must not contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by anyone other than the Sponsor, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without express, written, prior permission of the trademark or brand owner;
c. not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
d. be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
e. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
f. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products;
g. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
h. not violate any law or regulation;
i. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
j. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
k. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
5) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you Share on Instagram or Tweet your Contest Photo as described in Section 3 and 4, above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account on each Channel to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once on the same Channel during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) On the three (3) dates list below, in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 11:00 a.m. ET, the entry of one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period:
a. Tuesday February 18th, 2020
b. Monday March 23rd, 2020
c. Monday April 6th, 2020
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be contacted by private message on the Channel used to enter and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by private message within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Sponsor with an email address and contact phone number. The Sponsor will then email the selected entrant, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification, a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the rules of the Contest;
b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; or (ii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8) Grand Prize: There will be three (3) grand prizes available to be won, consisting of:
a. A pre-game VIP experience for two (2) that includes sitting on a couch courtside to watch player warm-ups at Scotiabank Arena;
b. two (2) tickets to the Scotiabank Arena Raptors Game (approximate retail value $300 (CDN));
c. two (2) swag bags (approximate retail value $300 (CDN));
d. one (1) food and beverage voucher (value $100 (CDN)); and
e. one (1) Leon’s Furniture Gift Card (value $500 (CDN)).
(collectively referred to as the “Grand Prize”).
The Grand Prize does not include, and the Sponsor will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the Scotiabank Arena. Winner must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. The Grand Prize will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by the Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11) Entrants acknowledge and agree that Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (the “prize supplier”) is a prize supplier only and is not responsible for the administration of the Contest or the selection of winners.
12) Each entrant warrants that their Contest Photo meets the Photo Entry Specifications. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Photo that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Photo Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Photo must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Photo by Sponsor in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in your Contest Photo.
13) Sponsor’s right to use your Contest Photo: You acknowledge that your Contest Photo will immediately appear in your Instagram Feed and/or Twitter feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting a Contest Photo using the designated hashtag and channel name, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Photo and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Photo, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
14) Sponsor’s right to use giveaway photos on the day of the Grand Prize: You acknowledge that photo and video will be captured the day of Grand Prize event and may appear on in electronic and print materials related to the Giveaway, including promotional materials.
15) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
16) By entering the Contest and sharing an image on Instagram and/or submitting a Tweet, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Instagram Terms of Service and/or Twitter Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Instagram image and/or Tweet, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Tweet in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the image shared or tweeted. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any Entry if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Account (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Entry does not comply with the Contest Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Account (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
17) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Channel accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
18) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
19) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
21) The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not Instagram or Twitter.
BASIC TWITTER TERMS
Multiple entries from a single Twitter user will not be accepted. Any entrant found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible to win. Posting duplicate, or near duplicate, updates or links is not permitted.
Limit of 2 bonus entries per person/Twitter handle. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter or email accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Please note that only one re-tweet is required to be eligible for bonus entries. Multiple re-tweets will not increase your chances of winning.
BASIC INSTAGRAM TERMS
Not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest ("Instagram Released Parties") from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Instagram Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage that the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Instagram Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees that any of the Instagram Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor. To release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier to the Sponsor or used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Sponsor’s control, any dissatisfaction of any kind with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage that I, my heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise of the prize as awarded.